Tuesday, March 20, 2018

ORIGINS OF THE MINI/MAX WORKOUT


The idea for our MINI MAX WORKOUT originated after viewing a Dr. Oz TV show with his guest, Dr. Andrew Weil, internationally renowned health guru, who demonstrated his “Shake the Bones”  basic moves.   With its roots in Chinese medicine, the intent is to reduce stress and create positive energy, according to Dr. Weil.


I was immediately struck by the fitness advantages of Dr. Weil’s demonstration and began developing and incorporating a bone shaking routine into my daily fitness activities and named it the “MINI MAX WORKOUT."


During the past year or so, I have been doing the MINI MAX moves several times every day in the privacy of my home.  (I have MINI MAXed in public in a corner on dance floors, but am not really comfortable with all the attention I attract.)

      

I have discovered that as few as 10 to 20 seconds can loosen and revitalize tight and sore  muscles.


Although Dr. Weil recommends multiple minutes of shaking, I have found that the fitness benefits can be achieved within 1 minute and less. While extra minutes may be helpful for stamina, the body is adequately invigorated within a minute.


It is recommended that you start out your day by loosening up with a MINI MAX WORKOUT and repeat during any slumps in your day, or in preparation for  exercise, sports activity, and restful sleep. It also relieves post exercise  soreness and stiffness.          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments--we appreciate your taking the time to do this!